A member on the 30th Landwehr Regiment identified as father Frank with other members of his company constructing what appears to be a bomb shelter. The roof is made of railway rails. The 30th Landwehr Regiment was in the Lorraine sector between Moselle and Abaucort in 1915.
In January, 1918 the 79th Reserve Division left the line east of Gouzeaucourt. They returned in February near Gonnelieu. This card was sent from Solesmes by Unteroffizier Kellner during his brief rest.